ADA Complimentary Paratransit Service
- a. Agency process for determining ADA eligibility
- The process for determining eligibility for TACT’s ADA complementary paratransit service is based on evaluation of the applicant’s functional ability, not on any medical or diagnostic criteria and includes evaluation by a professional. Applications are available by calling 724-548-8696 or 800-245-8588. The Transportation Services Application is a multiple page application that has to be completed by both the applicant and a professional who is familiar with the applicant. Applications that are incomplete will be returned to the applicant for completion.
- b. Customer process for disputing eligibility determinations
- Applicants who have been determined ineligible have the right to appeal the limitations based on their ADA eligibility. All appeals must be filed within sixty calendar days of their initial determination. The applicants’ failure to meet the deadline terminates the appeal process. Applicants are required to complete and submit the request for appeal form. Upon receipt, TACT will conduct an administrative review by someone other than who made the initial determination. The officials considering the appeal have ten calendar days to consider the information. If there is insufficient information or if the initial determination is not changed, the applicant can request an in-person hearing, which would be held on the second Tuesday of the following month. If the applicant request a hearing and fails to appear, or declines a hearing, then the original decision is final. Following a hearing, a decision will be rendered within five calendar days and will be notified by mail.
- c. Agency process for determining ADA eligibility for visitors (should be easier process than for non-visitors)
- Individuals who live outside TACT’s jurisdiction may apply for visitor status to use TACT ADA complementary paratransit service while in the area for a maximum of twenty-one days. No verification of disability is required if the applicant’s disability is apparent. If not apparent, verification from a professional must be presented in advance. Verification of ADA complementary paratransit eligibility from another transit system is also accepted. Following the 21 day period, the application must be completed to continue services.
- d. The days and hours of the week that ADA paratransit is available
- The service hours are Monday through Friday 5:30 am until 10:45 pm, Saturday 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. No service on Sunday or Holidays. ADA Complementary paratransit: eligibility policies and procedures.
- e. Customer process for disputing no-show suspensions
- Any rider suspended for violations of the TACT ADA complementary paratransit no show policy is permitted to appeal the suspension in writing to the main office or in person with a scheduled appointment. ADA Complementary Paratransit: No-show policy.
- f. Customer process for Comments
- Town and Country Transit would like to hear from any rider who has a complements or complaints on our service. Comments are reviewed the same day they are received. All complaints are investigated and responded to within two weeks. TACT does not accept or act upon anonymous compliments or complaints. Comments may be filed by telephone, in writing, or in person at the main office. Drivers are not allowed to accept comments.
- To submit a comment, please call 724-548-8696 or 800-245-8588. TACT mailing and office address is:
Town & Country Transit
220 North Grant Avenue
Kittanning, PA 16201
- We will need the following information regarding the incident:
Your name, address and telephone number
The date and day of your trip (example: Monday, March 7)
The service you are using (fixed route, shared ride, ADA Complimentary Paratransit, or PwD)
The scheduled trip information including times and addresses
A description of the incident
Vehicle number and whom you spoke with on the telephone, if known
- If you need further information, please review the attached ADA Complementary Paratransit: Customer Complaint Policy , How to Register a Compliment or Complaint Brochure , or contact us.